Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Review - Twisted (Intertwined #3) by Gena Showalter

Twisted (Intertwined, #3)Title: Twisted
Author: Gena Showalter
Series 3rd (Intertwined, Unraveled)
Pages: 304
Published: August 30, 2011 by Harlequin Teen
ISBN: 9780373210381
Source: Around The World Tours







Description: SIXTEEN-YEAR-OLD ADEN STONE HAS HAD A HELL OF A WEEK. HE’S BEEN:
Tortured by angry witches. Hypnotized by a vengeful faery. Spied on by the most powerful vampire in existence. And, oh, yeah. Killed – twice
.
His vampire girlfriend might have brought him back to life, but he's never felt more out of control. There's a darkness within him, something taking over…changing him. Worse, because he was meant to die, death now stalks him at every turn. Any day could be his last. Once upon a time, the three souls trapped inside his head could have helped him. He could have protected himself. But as the darkness grows stronger, the souls grow weaker—just like his girlfriend. The more vampire Aden becomes, the more human Victoria becomes, until everything they know and love is threatened.  Life couldn't get any worse. Could it?

I Give This ...
 Photobucket

I wasn't sure what to expect from book 3 in this series.  I've been up and down with this series so far, and wasn't sure were the author might take me with this one.  First off, if your expecting to this to be the last one...it's not.  I thought it was going to be a trilogy for some reason, and was really worried that the storyline might be rushed because Aden still had 3 souls.  I am relieved to find that there is at least one more.  Second I'm curious about how this book might have changed from ARC to final copy.  You see, the ARC was almost 600 pages long.  And while I enjoyed it overall, at time I thought it was never going to end.  I see the finished copy has just over 300.  I would be curious to see it.

The beginning of this book is ... intense.   I felt like I was intruding on somebody's private life.  Aden and Victoria are basically fighting to survive and to keep from killing each other.  They take turns feeding off each other, but it feels like so much more than that.  When they finally seem to gain control of themselves, I was intrigued to  discover that they seem to have swapped personalities.  Aden is the hardcore vampire while Victoria is the vulnerable human.  They've switched powers too.  I liked watching Aden struggle with his conflicting emotions.  He's human memories keep clashing with his vampire instincts.  I also really liked watching him stake his claim as the Vampire King.  I also really felt sorry for him when they discover his real father.  Turns out the missing dad is a real a*$hole.  

With as much going on in Aden's life, you might thing that Riley and Mary Anne might have an easy go of things.  Not on your life.  Mary Anne might be trying to protect everyone by running away, but she doesn't know that she has witches and fairies following her.  When they try to kill her, Riley has to do something extraordinary to save her life.  And it has dire consequences.  I'm hoping it doesn't mean the end of Mary Anne and Riley.  They can figure it out.

This book is a never ending ride of twists, intense actions, and those emotional moments.  It's not surprise that I'm also left with a giant cliff-hanger.  I'm curious at who had caused the chaos, and what will happen next. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails