Saturday, December 4, 2010

Reading Challenge Update

http://asouthernfriedmess.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/books-and-heart-jpeg.jpg 

I participated in 5 challenges this past year and I'm happy to say I've finished them all.  I had one book that I needed to finished to complete all of them and I finally got it done this past week.  

First off I choose to the 100+ reading challenge that was originally hosted by J. Kaye's Book Blog before she stopped blogging.  I would love to participate in this again, so if you know someone who is hosting it please email or comment and let me know.  To date I've read 188 books, with 9 of those be rereads.  My list is at 100+ Books.

I also participate in The Support Your Local Library challenge also hosted by J. Kaye's Book Blog.  I would also like to do this one again.  I'm thinking of hosting it myself but have never done that before ...  I signed up for the Just My Size challenge which was 50 books from the library.  I'm pleased to say that to date I've check out and read 54 books.  The list is at Support Your Local Library 

After discovering the young adult in the past couple years, I decided to participate in the YA Reading Challenge.  I orginally decided to try for 25 YA books, but blew that out of the water in a couple months.  To date, I've read 117 books that are consider young adult.  The list is at YA Reading.

 Last year, I started way to many series that I didn't finish.  So the Finish That Series challenge hosted by Royal Reviews was perfect.  I completed all 14 series that I wanted to.  Two of the series have new books out, but I'm on the wait list at the library, so I will get to them.  My list is at Finish That Series.

And last, but not least, I signed up for the Reading From My Shelves challenge hosted by Bibliophile by the Sea.  Like many bloggers, my shelved are overflowing with books I need to read.  My goal was to read at least 30 of them.  I happy to say that to date, I've read 38.  My list is at Reading From My Shelves.


Like I said before, there's a couple challenges that I would like to do again, but I don't know of any blogger hosts.  If you do, please point me in the right direction.  I'm also thinking about participating in The Urban Fantasy Challenge and the Paranormal/Fantasy Romance Challenge.  I'm also keeping my eyes open for others that intrigue me.  It's so hard to keep track of them all! 

1 comment:

  1. I am participating in a quite a few challenges this year. Last year, I was unable to.
    If you are interested there are 2 challenges going on in my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails