Friday, December 3, 2010

Spy Glass (Glass #3) by Maria V. Snyder

Spy Glass (Glass, #3)Title: Spy Glass
Author: Maria Snyder
Series: Last in Glass series
Pages: 424
Published: August 2010 by Mira
ISBN:  9780778328476
Source: Publisher via NetGalley








Description: Until spying through the glass becomes her new power. Suddenly, the beautiful pieces she makes flash in the presence of magic. And then she discovers that someone has stolen some of her blood—and that finding it might let her regain her powers. Or learn if they're lost forever…After siphoning her own blood magic in the showdown at Hubal, Opal Cowan has lost her powers. She can no longer create glass magic. More, she's immune to the effects of magic. Opal is now an outsider looking in, spying through the glass on those with the powers she once had, powers that make a difference in the world. 

I Give This ...
  Photobucket

I've enjoyed everything I've read my Maria Snyder, and this one was no exception.  Opal has continued to prove that she deserved to be the lead character in her own series.  Plus, it seems like the whole gang was in this one, and I loved it!
I was afraid for part of the book at the direction Opal was headed.  It seemed like she had a one track mind and wasn't paying attention to those people who cared about her.  It felt like she had become addicted to magic, and once the thought was put in her head that she couldn't possibly get it back it was all she thought of.  I really liked her interactions with Valek.  It gave him a different face than the assassin/love interest that we meet in The Study Series.  I also loved how she learned she wasn't alone.  She had way more friends and family that truly cared about her than she realized.

I also really enjoyed the surprise elements that were woven into the story.  It's one of those things that make me want to read again to see if there are any hints that I can catch that clue the reader into what is really happening.  I didn't catch them until the author point blank stated them.  I was intrigued by the dangerous magical elements that are presented into the story.  I understood from previous how horrible blood magic was, but the last part of this book really made it hit home.  It was horrible watching Opal struggle to find loopholes in what she was ordered to do.

The only downfall...for once I disagreed with who Opal choose in the end.  I never have had that happen.  Although, I do admit I understood why and then may have been the better choice.  And, oddly my reasoning wasn't because of the reasons most people who expect.

So, Maria Snyder goes on my list of favorite authors.  She hasn't disappointed me yet.  And I've realized I need to get the first book in her new series Inside Out as soon as possible!

  

2 comments:

  1. I loved this series! I actually am happy with who Opal chose. I think he is a better complement to who she is.

    I was bummed I didn't enjoy Inside Out as much as the Glass series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's strange that I didn't like it. I knew it was going to happen and I agree that I think he better compliments who she is. I just don't like him for some reason lol.

    I haven't read Inside Out yet. I need to!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails