Thursday, July 18, 2013

B & K's Reading Daze - Because I'm Your Dad by Ahmet Zappa


I have two girls who love to read as much as I do.  They are  7 and 5.  My oldest has grown in  leaps and bounds in the reading departmment.  My youngest is beginning to pick up on sight words.  I'm so excited that this love of mine seems to be passing on to them.  So B & K's Reading Daze highlights some of the books they have enjoyed over the past month.   
 
 
 
Because I'm Your DadTitle: Because I'm Your Dad
Author: Ahmet Zappa
Pages: 32
Published: April 2nd 2013 by Disney-Hyperion 
ISBN: 9781423147749
Source: Sent for honest review
 
 
 
 
 
 
Description: Because I'm your dad, you can have spaghetti for breakfast, French toast for dinner, and rocky road ice cream in the bathtub.  In a text that's both playful and loving, a father expresses his hopes and dreams for a one-of-a-kind relationship with his child. Whimsical monster characters bring the silly and sweet scenes to life and keep the book universal. The book's ending, a moving tribute to the author's father, guarantees intergenerational appeal.  Because I'm your dad, I will do all of these things for you and more . . . because that's what my dad did for me.  
 
I Give This ...
Photobucket


My youngest and I really liked this book.  It's a cute little story about the fun things kids and their dad's might do (especially when mom might not be around).   It can make dad's seem a little light in the responsibility department.  But, I know in my household daddy always seems like the fun one.  I'm okay with that.

I also really enjoyed how the story's main characters are monsters.  I think it made them seem cute and not at all scary.  But then again, might daughter has never been scared of monsters.   I'm not sure how a child that might be would react.  It might help them.   It was well illustrated, bright and colorful.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails