Thursday, September 29, 2011

Review - Phoenix (Beautiful Dead #4) by Eden Maguire

Beautiful Dead: PhoenixTitle: Phoenix
Author: Eden Maguire
Series: Beautiful Dead (Jonas, Arizona, Summer)
Pages: 304
Published: October 1, 2011 by Sourcebooks Fire
ISBN: 9781402239472
Source: Publisher sent for honest review






Description: Everything has been building to this moment, but Darina knows that solving the mystery of her undead boyfriend's death will lead to their final parting. Her emotions in turmoil, Darina begins to unscramble the facts, but she's up against mounting obstacles that blur and block the truth. With time running out and Phoenix in danger of being sent back into limbo forever, Darina is willing to make the ultimate sacrifice.

I Give This ...
Photobucket

I have to admit this book was what I was looking forward to.  The entire series I've been waiting for Darina to be able to solve Phoenix's death.  The idea that someone you love could play such an intricate part in whether you could pass on or being eternally stuck in limbo is one that I wouldn't have thought of.

I don't blame Darina for being so anti Beautiful Dead.  I wonder if she thinks if she ignores the upcoming anniversary of Phoenix's death, if she just won't have to deal with it.  I think the hardest thing for her is coming to terms with this time Phoenix really will be gone.  So for awhile there, she really just checks out.

But when she finally decides the helping Phoenix really is the best way to go, she goes at with all her heart.  If when finding out all the details really put her in danger.  When no one else believes that she can come through it all, she tries harder.  I wasn't surprised at what really happened that night.  It makes a lot of sense in hindsight.  I was surprised at the depths people will go to hide other crimes committed in a long string of events before Phoenix's death.

So, why I liked the story line, I found the book to be on the slow side.  I for some reason just wasn't as invested in it as I have been the past books in the series.  I was also really expecting something more for the ending. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails