Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Review - Indelible (The Yara Silva Trilogy #2) by Lani Woodland

Indelible (The Yara Silva Trilogy, #2)Title: Indelible
Author: Lani Woodland
Series: 2nd (Intrinsical)
Pages: 416
Published: September 27, 2011 by Pendrell
ISBN: 9780982729724
Source: Arranged Tour






Description: Yara is beginning to understand just how much her life will change now that her Waker abilities have emerged. She has come to terms with the fact that seeing ghosts is part of her life, but she isn't ready to let being a Waker dictate her choices. All she wants is a ghost-free senior year with her boyfriend, Brent, and her best friend, Cherie. But Yara soon discovers that there are more dark secrets in her school's history than just the curse she broke. While an angry ghost makes Yara question everything she thought she knew about spirits, she and Brent learn that there are long reaching consequences to last year's adventures. As new enemies emerge and old ghosts resurface, Yara finds herself in the center of another deadly mystery, and this time she has to contend with the living as well as the dead.

I Give This ...
 Photobucket

I love it when I enjoy a sequel more than the first!  And that's saying a lot because I really liked Intrinsical.  The cast of characters remains true to themselves and the storyline is fantastic.

I didn't think it was possible to like Yara any more than I already did.  But, she's just a great all around character.  She's still struggling with what she is.  I think because her abilities appeared so suddenly, she really trying to escape what she was born to do.  She tries to take the easy way out sometimes, and doesn't truly believe that she can help the ghosts.  I still really enjoy her friends and her family.  They really do fill out the story well. 

I liked how the story involved the living just as much as the dead.  It seems there's a secret group hidden in the school and they crave more power.  The founder of the school was hiding the secret to this ability from his own sons, and this group is determined to find it.  His wife's ghost is guarding the key to all of it.  And she's seems to have it in for Yara.  I was intrigued by how violent she could get towards Yara.  I enjoyed learning a little about how the group worked and what they believed they could eventually do.  It was creepy how much they knew about Yara and Brent.  They used their weaknesses against them to get exactly what they wanted. 

I think my favorite parts involve Yara and Brent together.  I really enjoy their relationship.  I liked watching them interact with each others families (even though Brent's parents don't seem to like Yara).  I like how they try to protect each other, even if it's really not what they other person needs.  I love how devoted they are to each other, but not in an over the top way.
I really just enjoy this series.  There's way to much to try and cover in a short review.  I'm looking forward to the last in the series!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you liked it, it just keeps getting netter and better. Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you liked it! Thank you for the great review. I'm grateful for you being part of the tour. )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your review today. I have been following the tour and it is fun reading all the different posts.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails