Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Wayfarer (Faery Rebels, #2) by R.J. Anderson

Wayfarer (Faery Rebels, #2) 

Title: Wayfarer
Author: R.J. Anderson
Series: 2nd book in Faery Rebels 
Published: June 22, 2010
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pages: 304
ISBN: 9780061554773
Source: ARC from Around The World Tours


Description: The faeries of the Oak are dying, and it’s up to a lone faery named Linden to find a way to restore their magic. Linden travels bravely into dangerous new territory, where she enlists the help of an unlikely friend—a human named Timothy. Soon they discover something much worse than the Oakenfolk’s loss of magic: a potent evil that threatens the fate of all faeries. In a fevered, desperate chase across the country, Timothy and Linden risk their lives to seek an ancient power before it’s too late to save everyone they love. R. J. Anderson has artfully crafted a world of stunning magic, thrilling adventure, and delicate beauty, where a girl far from home must defeat the pervasive evil befalling her beloved faery realm.

I Give This Book 4 Stars!

I'm having a hard time putting into writing why I liked this one better than the first.  I didn't get a real feel for the characters in the first one.  There is some of the same ones in this one, but the main characters are different.  I felt like I knew them better.  It was faster paced, so I felt the story flowed better.  It also changed locations, which maybe added that little bit of extra spark to the story.  I liked  all of the events that took place in London.  It just exciting and I wasn't sure what would happen next.   I'm probably one of the few who likes Linden better than Knife.  She seemed more genuine.  I was unsure of Timothy for awhile, but once I knew what was troubling him, his character made more sense.  The faery lore that was included in this story was awesome.  I'm not real familiar with these legends, so I feel like I'm learning things as well.  The surprise twist towards the end wasn't so much of a surprise for me.  Will be looking forward to the next book in this series.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails