Friday, December 11, 2009

Pulitzer Prize Challenge

File:Gen pulitzer.jpg


One of my challenges this year was to read 5 Pulitzer Prize winners.  For me this was easier said than done.  I don't read a lot of books that qualify, let alone win!  So here is what I did read this year...





  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee


  • The Color Purple by Alice Walker


  • The Hours by Michael Cunningham


  • The Stone Diaries by Carol Shields


  • The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao


Of these, I liked To Kill A Mockingbird best.  I can't believe I have never read it!  The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao  would probably be next, but I don't think it's book everybody would enjoy.  The Stone Diaries and  The Hours were just okay in my opinion.  I did not like  The Color Purple at all.  I had to make myself finish it.

2 comments:

  1. what didn't like about color purple? the movie was kind of hard but having a greataunt that lived in memphis, tn, and knowing her maid as well as i did, i know from her that all sorts of things like that happened in the tn at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't the subject matter for me. I'm sure it was far more true than people choose to believe. It was more the way it was written. I just couldn't get into the story. Since it wasn't a very long book, I just continued on. I'm not sorry I read it, but just didn't enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails