Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Review - Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse #11) by Charlaine Harris

Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11)Title: Dead Reckoning
Series: 11th (1 -8, Dead and Gone, Dead in the Family)
Pages: 336
Published:  May 3rd 2011 by Ace Books
ISBN: 9780441020317
Source: Personal Copy






Description: There's a reckoning on the way ... Sookie Stackhouse is a cocktail waitress in Bon Temps, Louisiana. It's a job which has its own challenges, but now the vampires and the shapeshifters are finally 'out', you'd think the supernaturals would get on with each other. But nothing is that simple in Bon Temps! ... and Sookie has a knack for being in trouble's way; not least when she witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. Sookie suspects otherwise, but before she can investigate something else - something even more dangerous - comes up. Sookie's lover Eric Northman, and his 'child' Pam are plotting something in secret. Whatever it is, they seem determined to keep Sookie out of it; almost as determined as Sookie is to find out what's going on. She can't sit on the sidelines when both her work and her love life are under threat - but as their plans gradually become clear Sookie finds the situation is deadlier than she could ever have imagined. 

I Give This ...
 Photobucket 

I often wonder if I would still feel the same way about certain series if I felt they had possibly gone on for too many books.  Because I think I've reached that point with that series. I think this book was written just to fill space and because it was probably part of a required contract.

Ok, so it wasn't all that bad.  We get a glimpse of all our favorite characters.  But poor Sookie still has people who hate her, people who love her, people who use her, and then those who want her dead.  It seems more often than not they fall into the last category.  Its amazing that very few people don't get seriously hurt in the process.  Granted, it always helps that half of the people that surround Sookie are of the supernatural variety.

There are two things that I found greatly interesting in this book.  First off, Sookie is in the possession of a very powerful Fae artifactIt's something that is very old and she must keep it a secret or basically all of the Fae who still live in this dimension will be after it.  I think this little item will be extremely important either in the next book or that last in the series.  

Next, the blood bath planned by Eric and Pam.  We all no that the Regent has to go.  It's either him or Eric, and well I kind of want Eric to stick around.  I was kind of amazed that the entire plan succeeded in any way, especially without more consequences.  I know that's a spoiler in a way, but come on...I think we all knew it was going to happen.  Sadly, I think the relationship between Sookie and Eric isn't the same after this book.  I'm curious how that will play out in the end.

It's almost done, so I hope the next two books send the series out with a band.  This one was just so-so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails