Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9) by Charlaine Harris

Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9)Title: Dead and Gone
Series: #9 in series
Author: Charlaine Harris
Published: May 2009 by Ace
Pages: 289
ISBN: 9780441018512
Source: personal copy





Description: (may contain spoilers if you haven't read the previous books) Except for Sookie Stackhouse, folks in Bon Temps, Louisiana, know little about vamps-and nothing about weres.
Until now. The weres and shifters have finally decided to reveal their existence to the ordinary world. At first all goes well. Then the mutilated body of a were-panther is found near the bar where Sookie works-and she feels compelled to discover who, human or otherwise, did it.
But there's a far greater danger threatening Bon Temps. A race of unhuman beings-older, more powerful, and more secretive than vampires or werewolves-is preparing for war. And Sookie finds herself an all-too human pawn in their battle.

I Give This ...
 Photobucket
Oddly enough, I read the first 8 books pretty much back to back.  And, then I stalled and didn't pick up this one fore the longest time.  And when I finally did, I didn't read it.  It wasn't that I was done with the series or anything.  It might be due to it's television replacement (I'm seriously morning the loss of HBO right now).  But, I think it's due more to the fact that I have a hard time picking a book from my to read shelf.  But, once I did pick it up, I was so glad I did.  I missed Sookie!
I love how this series always picks up right were the last one left off.  Poor Sookie never gets a break.  I was so pleased to see some progress with her relationships.  I've been rooting for Erik since book 4.  I feel a little sorry for Quinn, but I don't think he was the right one for Sookie. Jason, on the other hand...wow.  I think something good needs to happen to the guy.    
I was happy to see the fairies take such a prominent role in this book.  I've loved their involvement in other stories, so it was no surprise that it worked well in this one.  And they were definitely nasty in this book.   The author skimmed over some of the really horrific stuff they did, and I'm probably glad I didn't get the words written out for it.  The ending was sad, but fit the entire story line.  I'll need to get my hands on Dead in the Family soon to see were this story goes!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails