Thursday, August 4, 2011

Review - Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #2) by Kiersten White

Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2)Title: Supernaturally
Author: Kiersten White
Series (#, other books):  2nd, Paranormalcy
Pages: 336
Published: July 26, 2011 by HarperTeen
ISBN: 9780061985867
Source: Around The World Tours







Description: Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.  But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.  So much for normal. 

I Give This ...
 Photobucket

Ok, I'm being a little harsh on this one.  But, I gave Paranormalcy and 4 and this just was just missing something.  All the characters were there, they just didn't seem to be connecting the way I remembered.

Evie is living a normal life and its what she thought she always wanted.  Turns out it's not enough.  Totally not surprising to me.  When you've spent your whole life battling supernaturally creatures why would high school be exciting?  I was a little surprised that she went back to working for the IPCA so easily.  I understood that she wanted something more and liked what they were offering her.  But, it's like all the stuff that she learned at the end of book one was completely forgotten.  And since she knows the Lend and his father won't like it, lets just lie to them instead.  

Speaking of Lend, he's surprisingly absent for a lot of this book.  He's off at college fulfilling his dreams, which is another reason that I think Evie is so bored with her normal life.  I'm not saying that Evie's life should revolve around Lend, but I really expected something more there.  It's almost like he expects her to forget who she is and be content with her little place in life.  I also wonder if he isn't a little bit afraid of what she can do.  The less trouble she can get into, the less likely she is to use it.

 I did enjoy the mission that Evie is sent out.  She's sent to track down goblins that may or may not have human slaves.  As usual nothing is how it seems.  She ends up hunting down a vampire that has a blood lust for paranormal creatures.  His interactions with Evie were really interesting.  I also enjoyed what she learned about the Goblins that she was sent to investigate.

I think my favorite thing was the new character Jack.  He has some strange ties to the Faerie realm.  He's spontaneous and at time a little bit annoying.  But, I think he helps Evie see the truth in who she is and why.  At times, I wondered if he was suppose to develop into a love interest, but I was really happy to see that proven false.  I really love Lend.

So yes, I was a little disappointed.  But, that won't stop me from reading the next one in the series! 

1 comment:

  1. Aww! :( That's too bad! I've been really looking forward to this one & I'm bummed to hear that you didn't like it as much as Paranormalcy, although I kinda feel that this is often (not always) the case with the middle book in a trilogy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails