Friday, August 13, 2010

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1)Title: Paranormalcy
Author: Kiersten White
Series: 1st in series
Published: August 31, 2010 by Harper Teen
Pages: 352
ISBN: 9780061985843
Source: ARC from Around The World Tours



Description: Sixteen-year-old Evie's job is bagging and tagging paranormals. Possessing the strange ability to see through their glamours, she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency. But when someone--or something--starts taking out the vamps, werewolves, and other odd beasties she's worked hard to help become productive members of society, she's got to figure it out before they all disappear and the world becomes utterly normal. Normal is so overrated. 

I Give This ...
Photobucket 

First off, I want give Kiersten White 2 thumbs up for creating something fresh and new.  Although, it's still in the supernatural genre of young adult, this was something completely different than anything I've read this year.  It's always nice to come across that.  

Evie is so different than most female heroines.   She's sassy, she likes pinks, wears leopard print dresses, well you get what I mean.  For me, she was a little hard to swallow at first.  I'm a long way from that girl, but I think teenagers will eat it up.  But, Evie has a heart of gold and that's what I ended up really liking about her.  Once her perspective of things changes, her entire world is turned upside down and it's interesting to watch her struggle with what she's always know and were her heart is leading her.  Her love interests in this story are awesome.  Ren always made me catch my breathe because I was never sure what he was going to do.  He was always so intense about things.  Lend is by far my favorite.  He is so genuine and down to earth.  I think Evie and him and so much in common.

The story is fast paced.  I liked how the IPCA is brought into the story and you think it's one thing.  But, in the end you realize you've seen it through Evie's eyes all along.  For the longest time, I wasn't sure if they were the bad guys or not.  I liked the character connections.  Evie is so much fun because you get to experience her world of supernatural creatures and then you also get to go with her to experience the human teenager world for the first time.  The story closes this book nicely, but leaves you craving more of it.  I can't wait for the next one! 



1 comment:

  1. great review-- I have been wanting to read and now even more!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails