Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Prophecy (The Watchers Chronicles, #1) by Dawn Miller

The Prophecy (The Watchers Chronicles, #1)Title: The Prophecy
Author: Dawn Miller
Series: 1st in Watcher Chronicles
Published: May 2010 by Zondervan
Pages: 352
ISBN: 9780310714330]
Source: Star Book Tours
 


Description: This intense, emotionally charged supernatural thriller is set in the dark city streets of St. Louis, where five teenagers are reunited by a reoccurring nightmare from their childhood. They soon learn that what was meant to destroy them would be the catalyst that drives them to embark on an epic journey of good versus evil—a journey that will open their eyes and hearts to the true power of God and the reality of evil determined to blind the world from that truth.

I Give This ...
 Photobucket 

My husband would probably say I'm being generous giving this two butterflies after listening to me contemplate giving up or finishing it.  I'm sure others like this story.  I found it to be a way to similar to Stephen King's It in the beginning.  And no matter how terrifying fallen angels should be, it's not written to be more scary that Pennywise.  In fact, I had a heck of a time figuring out who were the good guys and who were the bad ones.  The story alters between far to many view points to lessen any confusion.  I didn't connect with any of the characters.  The events were all over the place.  And then ending just sort of happened with the characters still not having any real clue about what's happening to them.  I don't think I will be continuing this series unless the future books happen to fall into my lap.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails