Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Review - Embers and Echoes (Wildefire #2) by Karsten Knight

Embers and Echoes (Wildefire, #2)Title: Embers and Echoes
Author: Karsten Knight
Series: 2nd (Wildefire)
Pages: 480
Published:  August 28th 2012 by Simon & Schuster 
ISBN:  9781442450301
Source: Personal Copy





Description: Ashline Wilde may have needed school to learn that she is actually a reincarnated goddess, but she’s ready to move beyond books. She leaves her California boarding school behind and makes for Miami, where she meets a new group of deities and desperately seeks her sister Rose, the goddess of war. But she’s also looking for love—because even though her romance with Cole had to be snuffed, Ash is a volcano goddess—and she doesn’t get burned. 

I Give This ...
Photobucket

I was a little nervous to start this.  It's been 2 years (maybe 2 1/2) years since I read the first book in the series.  I always meant to pick this one up, but I didn't.   So, I when I finally did I hoped that I would remember enough of the first book to understand this one.

I'm thinking this one starts really close to were the last one left off, but I'm not positive on that.  However, it does start off with a bang.  Ash knows she needs to leave Cole behind.  He's reasoning behind needed to be with Ash aren't entirely pure and she's not about to be used for reasons she doesn't understand.  Not to mention her dreams of her sister Rose are getting stronger.   The only clue she can gleam from them is Miami...so that's were she goes.

It doesn't take her long to get mixed up with the local deities, some good but a lot of them seem to be on the other side.  Some of the local gods want to go public on a grand scale.  They want to be worshiped and feared just like they use to be.  And they want to use Ash's little sister to do it.  As innocent and she may seem...she's still the Goddess of War.  

Ash is still kickass in this book.  She's willing to do anything to get Eve back, even go into the Netherworld.  But those who know Ash tend to fall into the wrong hands and that's no exception here.  Ash has to witness some horrific things in this installment and there's absolutely nothing she can do about it.

I felt things were explained a little more this time around.  Plus, there's a lot that happens at the end of this one that has me anxious to read the next one.  It's a good thing I already have it ready to go!
  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails