Thursday, August 22, 2013

B & K's Reading Daze - All Tutus Should Be Pink



I have two girls who love to read as much as I do.  They are  7 and 5.  My oldest has grown in  leaps and bounds in the reading department.  My youngest is beginning to pick up on sight words.  I'm so excited that this love of mine seems to be passing on to them.  So B & K's Reading Daze highlights a book (or books) they have enjoyed over the past month.   
 

All Tutus Should Be Pink (level 2) (Hello Reader, Level 2)Title: All Tutus Should Be Pink
Author: Sheri Brownrigg
Pages: 32
Published:  April 1st 1992 by Turtleback Books 
ISBN: 9780833586827
Source: Library
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'm always extremely pleased when we find a book I KNOW my oldest will enjoy.  She's been dancing since she was 3, so this book was right up her alley.
 
She loves the story line.  The little girls in the story love to dance and they love to wear their tutus everywhere they go.  The story goes on to tell us why tutus should be pink.  Including the reason that pink hides drips best when they eat strawberry ice cream.  My daughter enjoyed this part because she knows she can't eat anything in her performance tutus!
 
I liked that it was the perfect reading level for her, it actually might have been a little bit below her level.  She didn't struggle with it at all.  So, its perfect for those readers in 1st and 2nd who tend to be right on target with their reading levels.  
 
Now to find a couple others just like this! 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails