Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Review - The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2) by Julie Kagawa

The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)Title: The Eternity Cure
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: 2nd (The Immortal Rules)
Published: April 30th 2013 by Harlequin Teen 
ISBN: 9780373210695
Source:  Publisher via Netgalley








Description: Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.  Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.

I Give This ...
Photobucket

I've decided that for the time being every subject Kagawa touches turns to gold.  I liked The Immortal Rules, even though I thought I was done with vampires.   This one makes it evident that even a tired subject matter can be given new life and then sustain it.

Allison may be a vampire, but she is trying desperately to hold on to her humanity.  She leaves Zeke because she wants him to have a normal life.  She make a bargain with Jackal because she knows she needs him if she ever hopes to find Kanin and defeat Sarren.  She never stops to think about the fact that her behavior is not typical for a vampire.  Her life is so tied up into others when that is one of the main things that Kanin told her to be wary of.

I really do enjoy the relationship between Zeke and Allison.  It's admirable how they have learned to forgive each other their faults and still find themselves in love with each other.  Something that is hard for both of them to do (I think more so on Zeke's part).  But, I found that Jackal completely enthralled me.  He's got a wicked sense of humor and I never knew which way his loyalties truly lied.  That twist alone gave the story a whole know level of enjoyment.

I love it when an author doesn't shy away from the gruesome nature that comes with certain types of characters.  Kagawa's vampires are what I think they should be.  Add in the twisted nature of Sarren, and you have a completely sadistic vampire.  We don't get detailed scenes thankfully, but we get the idea of what he is capable of.    

I loved this book!  And with one hell of a cliffhanger, I will definitely be reading the next one!  


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails