Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Review - Requiem (Delirium #3) by Lauren Oliver

Requiem (Delirium, #3)Title: Requiem
Author: Lauren Oliver
Series: 3rd (Delirium, Pandemonium) 
Pages: 391
Published: March 5th 2013 by HarperCollins Children's Books 
ISBN:  9780062014535
Source: Publisher via Edelweiss










Description: They have tried to squeeze us out, to stamp us into the past.  But we are still here.  And there are more of us every day.  Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight.  After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancĂ©e of the young mayor.  Maybe we are driven crazy by our feelings. Maybe love is a disease, and we would be better off without it.  But we have chosen a different road.  And in the end, that is the point of escaping the cure: We are free to choose.  We are even free to choose the wrong thing. 


I Give This ...
 Photobucket

 I was really looking forward to this book.  Lauren Oliver pulled me in with Delirium and I had no doubt that I would be finishing the series.  So, it's always a risk when my expectations are high.  Plus, this is the final book in the trilogy.  You want everything to wrap in such that way that you are satisfied.   I'm not really sure this book delivered all of that!

Lena has come a long way from the love sick girl we met in Delirium.  It's not longer about getting out from under the cure.  Lena sees the bigger picture.  She wants to act, to do all she can to bring down the very people she use to think were protecting her.  Problem is she can't do it alone.  She needs others to help.  And more than just her little group of resisters.  The world isn't going to change for just them.  But, Lena never gives up until she finds what she's looking for, both in love and in life.

I have to admit that I was mad out our little surprise from book two for most of this one.  I think he acted like a royal jacka$$.  I know he endured a lot and escaped, and the whole time was thinking of Lena.  But, did he really except to her to be waiting and pining away for him.  I think she went through the despair long enough and I know I was happy for her when it seemed she moved on.

This final books feels so vastly different from the initial book that I feel in love with.  I know our characters have grown in leaps and bounds.  But, I feel like they've become hard.  I miss that carelessness and excitement that they had in the beginning.  Plus, I was really disappointed in the ending.  I feel like questions weren't really addressed.  I kept thinking this can't be it, yet everything I've read says this is the final book in the trilogy.  While, I sometimes hate it when an author makes a trilogy longer.  This time around, I would like another story.  This one isn't done!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails