Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Revoew - Sisterhood Everlasting (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants #5) by Ann Brashares

Sisterhood Everlasting (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #5)Title: Sisterhood Everlasting
Author: Anne Brashares
Series: 5th (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, The Second Summer of the Sisterhood, Girls in Pants, Forever in Blue)
Pages: 349
Published: June 14th 2011 by Random House 
ISBN: 9780385521222
Source: Personal
 






Description: Despite having jobs and men that they love, each knows that something is missing: the closeness that once sustained them. Carmen is a successful actress in New York, engaged to be married, but misses her friends. Lena finds solace in her art, teaching in Rhode Island, but still thinks of Kostos and the road she didn’t take. Bridget lives with her longtime boyfriend, Eric, in San Francisco, and though a part of her wants to settle down, a bigger part can’t seem to shed her old restlessness.  Then Tibby reaches out to bridge the distance, sending the others plane tickets for a reunion that they all breathlessly await. And indeed, it will change their lives forever—but in ways that none of them could ever have expected.

I Give This ...
Photobucket

Having read all 4 previous books in this series, I was excited to learn that there was a 5th book coming out.  And even more so when I learned that it was going to take place later.  I really wanted to see were the friends were in there adult lives.

I was both happy and sad to learn that they are exactly how I left them.  It seems 10 years hasn't done much for any of them.  They may be in different places, but it seems they haven't grown up any.  At first I wondered if that's how I would want people to see me.   But, no!  I would hope I am not the same person I was at 22.  A glimpse of her maybe, but not EXACTLY the same.    I think the only person who seemed to have changed at all was Tibby.   Lena hasn't moved on from Kostos, which has left her basically living in the past.   Carmen is still unsure of herself and her own self worth.  And Bridget frustrated to me to know end.  I can forgive the wandering tendencies.  But what she did was way beyond that.  

I was shocked at what happens in the story.  My gut reaction was this can not be how this happens.  I kept thinking there was something more to the story.  Some key point that the friends were missing.  I can not tell you how happy I was to learn that I was right.  I liked how despite what happens, it brings the friends back together.  I think for once they will be able to move forward and not forever stuck in the same place.  They all have a purpose now.  Plus, I think they are all were they need to be.

The first half of the book left me seriously doubting why I even picked it up.  The ending made up for it.  I'm still not sure though if I should have left the story were it ended after book 4.  But, it can be unread so it is what it is. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails