Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Review - A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2) by Beth Revis

A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)Title: A Million Suns
Author: Beth Revis
Series: 2nd (Across the Universe)
Pages: 386
Published: January 10th 2012 by Razorbill 
ISBN: 9781595143983
Source: Around The World Tours






Description: It's been three months since Amy was unplugged. The life she always knew is over. And everywhere she looks, she sees the walls of the spaceship Godspeed. But there may just be hope: Elder has assumed leadership of the ship. He's finally free to enact his vision - no more Phydus, no more lies. But when Elder discovers shocking news about the ship, he and Amy race to discover the truth behind life on Godspeed. They must work together to unlock a puzzle that was set in motion hundreds of years earlier, unable to fight the romance that's growing between them and the chaos that threatens to tear them apart. Godspeed was fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos. 

I Give This ...
 Photobucket

I've been highly anticipating this second novel.  I'm not one for sci-fi type books, but something about this series has grabbed, and I'm not going to let it go.  This latest installment was everything that I hoped for.

I really felt for Elder this entirety of this book.  He's trying hard to keep the peace and do everything within his power to get them to their final goal.  But, when uprising start to happen aboard the ship, I wasn't surprised.  We needed a little more discord.  I do think those who were trying to lead the uprising had valid points, even if they were off base.  Elder really is the best leader for the ship I think.  He's just not very good with words, and no one could really see what he was doing behind the scenes to make sure everything was running smoothly.  I also think he has a huge issue with the idea of absolute power.  He doesn't really want it, but doesn't know what else can be done about it.

My thoughts on Amy went back and forth throughout the book.  I thought she kept a level head while she's witnessing the uprising around her.  Since we get part of the story for her point of view, we know she's scared at times.  But, I think she does an amazing job of not showing it to those around her.  I enjoyed her scavenger hunt to discover what the leaders' aboard the ship have been keeping secret for years.  I didn't think she was a little unyeilding when it came to the records hall keeper (I can not remember his name for the life of me).  She refused to see anybody's view point but her own when it came to him.  

There are some definite twists in the story.   Or they should be twists.  For some reason, they just seemed like the logical direction that story should go.  None of it really surprised me, but I wasn't disappointed in the slightest either.  In fact, I loved the storylines in general. 

1 comment:

  1. nice! I definitely enjoyed the first one so I'm very excited to read this one! Glad to hear it was good.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails