Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Review - Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3) by Maggie Stiefvater

Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)Title: Forever
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Series: Final Book (Shiver, Linger)
Pages: 390
Published: July 12, 2011 by Scholastic
ISBN: 9780545259088
Source: Library







Description: In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.

I Give This ...
 Photobucket 

I should have left this one alone.  For me, Shiver was good as a stand alone.  But, I read Linger and while I wasn't overly found of the 4 viewpoints, I liked it overall.  I didn't think this one would be such a huge let down.  I will try not to be to negative during this review, because a lot of people really liked it.

The storyline felt incredibly slow.   It seemed like a lot of the book was waiting for something to happen.  We waited for Grace to become human and then we waited for the hunt.  The story didn't seem to really pick up pace until the hunt was moved and then it was over.  

I liked Same and how he obsessed over Grace when she was gone.  And the torment he must have gone through when everyone thought he had something to do with her disappearance.  I liked Isobel and Cole's relationship.  Since we see so little of them actually together, their relationship seems particularly volatile and intense.  I wasn't overly found of Grace.  She seems really selfish.  The attitude that she has drove me a little crazy.  To think she can be missing for so long and waltz back in with no explanation and expect privileges was a little audacious of her.

Besides the incredibly slow pace, the book had two major drawbacks for me.  First one is completely personal.  The first time the hunt was mentioned in conjunction with Idaho, the wolves, and killing sheep, I really should have just put the book down.  Because in the end, it felt like an agenda to me, and one that I really didn't like.   And second, the ending was... well it wasn't all that great.   I felt like it answered nothing.  There was no closure.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails