Thursday, March 24, 2011

B & K's Reading Daze


I have two girls who love to read as much as I do.  Granted they are 5 and 3, so reading isn't exactly what they do.  I'm so excited that this love of mine seems to be passing on to them.  So B & K's Reading Daze highlights some of the books they have enjoyed over the past month.  These books are usually books we find at the library, although occasionally I will showcase some favorites that we own or whatever else they really enjoy.
I didn't get this post up last month.  It seems I schedule it but don't remember it until after my kids are asleep.  I don't want to go into their room and risk waking them up.  I managed to grab one for each of them tonight :)

K's book (5):

Giraffes Can't Dance
Title: Giraffe's Can't Dance
Author: Giles Andreae
Illustrator: Guy Parker-Rees

Gerald the giraffe doesn't really have delusions of grandeur. He just wants to dance. But his knees are crooked and his legs are thin, and all the other animals mock him when he approaches the dance floor at the annual Jungle Dance. But an encouraging word from an unlikely source shows this glum giraffe that those who are different "just need a different song," and soon he is prancing and sashaying and boogying to moon music (with a cricket accompanist).




K loves this book and think it has a great message.  We love the pictures and the pictures are fantastic!

B's Book (3): 

Ten Tiny TicklesTitle: Ten Tiny Tickles
Author: Karen Katz

From one tiny tickle on a lovely little head to ten twirling tickles on tender tubby toes, this book counts up the number of tickles each member of the family gives from 1 to 10! This is a charming board book with a counting concept, too! Parents will love reading this interactive book to young children. 




B is probably getting a bit old for this one.  But she likes shorts books so she can get more than one before bed.  Plus, she likes book about babies.  And since she's learning to count, I think it helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails