Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Iron Queen (Iron Fey #3) by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Queen (Iron Fey, #3)Title: The Iron Queen
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: 3rd in Iron Fey
Pages: 384
Published: February 1, 2011 by Harlequin Teen
ISBN: 9780373210183
Source: Publisher/Netgalley








Description: My name is Meghan Chase.  I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.  This time, there will be no turning back.

I Give This ...
 Photobucket

I was really looking forward to this book.  For a series that I was initially unsure of, it's become one that I crave.  It's a mix of a lot of things that I believe make a story good!

I loved what Meghan goes through in this book.  She truly steps up to the plate and acknowledges who she is and what she can do.   She admits when she's scared, and when she lacks the knowledge at what to do next.  I really admired that.  She may take on more than she thinks she can handle, but she also believes she's the only one who can do it.  She still makes decisions a little carelessly.  And I think the hardest thing to watch is how her words effect others.  She forgets sometimes that the Fey can take a different meaning that what she intended.

Which brings us to Ash.  He's an interesting character.  You can really tell how deeply he loves Meghan, but sometimes the Unseelie Prince is to ingrained in him.  I actually liked watching him get all icey towards her, because I always loved the make up scene that comes next.  I loved watching him make the knight vow to Meghan.  It truly showed how far he's come from the soulless prince.  

I've also always loved Puck.  For most of the series, he's always been the lovable sidekick/best friend to me.  But, in this book I actually could feel how he also felt about Meghan.  It was more genuine this time around.  I knew it would always be Ash, but I could see it being Puck as well.  I also liked that he would do anything for Meghan whether she wanted him to or not.

I enjoyed how the story seems to have come full circle.  The conflict seems to be over, but the story isn't done.  There's a lot of heartache at the end of the book, which really crushed my spirits.    I'm hoping it's all resolved in the next book, The Iron Knight, which I will be early awaiting.

SPOILER:  I didn't agree with Meghan's choices regarding Ash in the end.  I think she was right to release him of his vow, even though he might think of it as an insult.  But, using his true name to get him to do something he didn't want to do wasn't the right way to do it either.  I don't think it was acknowledging what Ash wanted.  He had the right to choose as well.  But, without that choice, we wouldn't be looking forward to a book from Ash's point of view!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails