Thursday, March 25, 2010

Inkspell (Inkheart, #2) by Cornelia Funke

Inkspell (Inkheart, #2)


Title: Inkspell
Author: Cornelia Funke
Published: October 2005
Pages: 635
ISBN: 9780439554008
Source: Library


Description: Although a year has passed, not a day goes by without Meggie thinking of Inkheart, the book whose characters came to life - and changed her life forever.

But for Dustfinger, the fire-eater brought into being from words, the need to return to the original tale has become desperate. When he finds a crooked storyteller with the magical ability to read him back, Dustfinger leaves behind his young apprentice Farid and plunges into the medieval inkscape once more.   Distraught, Farid goes in search of Meggie, and before long both are caught inside the book, too. There they meet Inkheart's author, Fenoglio, now living within his own story. But the tale is much changed, and threatening to evolve in ways none of them would have ever imagined. Will Meggie, Farid, and Fenoglio manage to write the wrongs of a charmed world? Or is their story on the brink of a very bad ending?


I Give This Book 4 Stars!


I have to admit that I didn't jump out and read this because I didn't think Inkheart was all that great.  But, I wanted to know how the story ended.  So, I finally picked this one up.  I'm very glad that I did.  The story was much richer than the first book.   It was written better with the characters coming to life more.  Maybe it's because we finally get a look at the world that everybody was willing to go to such lengths for.  It's almost like the author was able to write about a fantasy world better than the real one.  I found the danger more real and the bad guys gave off more of that evil persona.  I was just overall more impressed with this one.   Believe me, I will be picking up the last in the series soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails