Thursday, December 31, 2009

Frequently Banned or Challenged Books

View Image


I honestly never thought of books being challenged or banned.  In my personal world, I've never been restricted in what I read.  So, when I saw this challenge, I thought I would give it a shot and see what could possible cause this books to be challenged.  I could see some of the reasons, but nothing that would ever stop me from reading (or keeping my children from reading them in the future).  I read...





  • Bridge To Terabithia by Katherine Paterson


  • Slaughter House Five by Kurt Vonnegut


  • The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende


  • The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger


  • Alice in Rapture, Sort Of by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor


The Catcher in the Rye is probably one of the most frequently challenged books overall.  Phyllis Reynold Naylor is one of the most challenged authors of this decade.  Her Alice series is often challenged as whole.  House of the Spirits was the only one that I felt was overly graphic about anything.  I found nothing wrong with Bridge to Terabithia and Slaughter House Five.


*If you would like more information on frequently banned or challenged books, please visit http://www.ala.org/ala/issuesadvocacy/banned/index.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails