Tuesday, December 15, 2009

600 Hours of Edward by Craig Lancaster

600 Hours of Edward

Title: 600 Hours of Edward
Author: Craig Lancaster
Published: November 2009 by Riverbend Publishing
Pages: 278

ISBN: 9781606390139

Description: Edward Stanton is a man hurtling headlong toward middle age. His mental illness has led him to be sequestered in his small house in a small city, where he keeps his distance from the outside world and the parents from whom he is largely estranged. For the most part, Edward sticks to things he can count on...and things he can count. But over the course of 25 days (or 600 hours, as Edward prefers to look at it) several events puncture the walls Edward has built around himself. In the end, he faces a choice: Open his life to experience and deal with the joys and heartaches that come with it, or remain behind his closed-door, a solitary soul.

I Give This Book 5 Stars!

All I can say is Wow, what a wonderful book!  While a number of books lately have emerged me in a fantasy world, this one grips you into today's world.  It was a great change of pace.  Edward could be anybody, and I think that's one thing that makes this story so fascinating.  From the first page, you get a very intense view of what life is like for Edward.  You feel slightly sorry for him, but you begin to understand why it is this way.  And then those small little problems that so often happen in life begin to disrupt the perfect little system that Edward has built around himself.  I was so impressed with the way the author wrote how Edward handled all of this.  It was such a moving story from beginning to end.  I felt so connected to Edward, and had a wide range of emotion throughout the story.  While the story ended nicely, I wanted more of it.  There was just enough at the end that made me wonder if a sequel could be in the works.   Overall, I would recommend this to anybody who would enjoy a human interest story.  

* A special thanks to the author, Craig Lancaster, for sending me this book to review! 

1 comment:

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails