Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Review - Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2) by Andrea Cremer

Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2)Title: Wolfsbane
Author: Andrea Cremer
Series: 2nd (Nightshade)
Pages: 390
Published: July 26th 2011 by Philomel 
ISBN: 9780399254833
Source: Purchased Copy








Description: Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemy, and she's certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer–one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack–and the man–she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive. 

I Give This ...
Photobucket

 Sometimes the problem with accepting review books is they start to pile up.  And then your books get lost in the pile and you never read them.  In one way I'm glad I broke my kindle fire this.  It forced me to pick up one of my own and read it.  I'm so happy I picked up this one.
I've missed the world of Calla, Ren, Shay, and the rest of the pack.  I remembered the ending was a definite cliffhanger.  We open the story shortly after in the hands of the Searchers.  Calla quickly learns that they aren't out to hurt her, but she's unsure if she should completely trust them.   While her reasoning seems to be  unfounded throughout this book, I'm really glad she didn't openly trust them.  Calla's loyalty is to her pack, and I think it really shows.  Her thoughts are always with how to help get them back.

The  Searchers version of history is vastly different than the one that Calla has been taught.  Some of the things that she found the most troublesome are things the Keepers deeply controlled.  When Calla has the opportunity to free her pack and possibly have the freedom they so desperately crave, she never stops to think twice about it.  It was sad to see how much control the Keepers have over the guardians.  Not many are willing to give up everything for a chance of something unknown.

I liked our new cast of characters for the most part.  The main ones introduced seem like a solid group to surround Calla and help bring down the Keepers.  However, I was a little disappointed in our leaders at the end of the story.  Once again, I feel that push of control on Calla.  I want her to realize she's subject to no one but herself.   She knows whats best for her pack and that she can walk for the Searchers at any point in time.  The Searchers need her and Shay, but I think they might be caught up in the idea of taking down the Keepers.   

I'm sorry to have left this sitting on my shelf for so long.  I'm going to have to pick up the last the series soon! 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails