Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday - Gilt by Katherine Longshore

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

GiltTitle: Gilt
Author: Katherine Longshore

Description: When Kitty Tylney's best friend, Catherine Howard, worms her way into King Henry VIII's heart and brings Kitty to court, she's thrust into a world filled with fabulous gowns, sparkling jewels, and elegant parties. No longer stuck in Cat's shadow, Kitty's now caught between two men--the object of her affection and the object of her desire. But court is also full of secrets, lies, and sordid affairs, and as Kitty witnesses Cat's meteoric rise and fall as queen, she must figure out how to keep being a good friend when the price of telling the truth could literally be her head.



I don't think I can express how badly I want this book.  Tudor England is one my favorite time periods and King Henry VIII is a particular obsession of mine (right after Queen Elizabeth I).  I've read a few books told more from Catherine's point of view and this sounds wonderful.  I can't wait to read it!


  

1 comment:

  1. Totally can't wait for this one either! Great WoW pick :) I'm a new follower!

    Rabiah
    Confessions of a Readaholic

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails