Thursday, March 22, 2012

Review - Absolutely, Positively (Lucy Valentine #3) by Heather Webber

Absolutely, Positively (Lucy Valentine, #3)Title: Absolutely, Positively
Author: Heather Webber
Pages: 320
Published: February 1st 2011 by St. Martin's
ISBN: 9780312946159
Source: Personal Copy











Discroption: Exposed” by a Boston Herald reporter, Lucy is suddenly the talk of the town. Long back-story short: Even though the rest of her Valentine ancestors were blessed by Cupid with psychic abilities, Lucy’s only special power lies in her ability to find things. This skill has proven quite a blessing for those who come to her matchmaking agency in search of finding their long-lost loves. Now that Lucy’s secret is out, she has more new clients than she knows what to do with. But soon a certain man of mystery steals Lucy’s spotlight…No, it’s not Sean Donahue, the sexy fireman-turned-private-eye who’s stolen Lucy’s heart. It’s a masked man in a cowboy hat, dubbed “The Lone Ranger,” who’s been throwing handfuls of cash across the Common. Now all of Beantown’s abuzz. Can Lucy unmask the mysterious money man, track down all her clients’ old flames, and turn up the heat on her love life? Absolutely, positively…

I Give This ...

 Photobucket

 I hate it when I can't think of a good reason when I've let a book I know I will enjoy sitting on my shelf for so long.  Especially when it's a series book that I have enjoyed.  Such is the case with Absolutely, Positively.

Thankfully, I was able to dive right into this book and be reminded about the characters I love.  Lucy is so great when she's faced with the being in love.  It's not something she's comfortable or familiar with.  Her family is cursed after all.  I love that Sean takes it all in stride and seems to know exactly when Lucy needs more and when she doesn't.  Even their animals seem to be so in tune to each other.  You would think that this perfect scenario might get cheesy, but it's doesn't. 

I also really enjoyed the dash of mystery thrown into each story.  Lucy used her abilities to help those around her.  I liked how the two mysteries she solves seem to vastly different.  I also like how each case seems to get equal attention in the book.  Neither is overshadowed by the other.  I feel like it's a perfect balance between light romance and mystery.

The only disappointing part of this book....there isn't another one at this time.  While I think this book ended on a good note, I would like another one.  The characters are still fresh and I think have something more to offer readers.  I hope the author comes back to this series soon! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails