Saturday, April 2, 2011

Review: Tempest's Legacy (Jane True #3) by Nicole Peeler

Tempest's Legacy (Jane True)Title: Tempest's Legacy
Author: Nicole Peeler
Series: 3rd in Jane True
Pages: 352
Published:  Availble now from Orbit
ISBN:  9780316056601
Source: Netgalley







Description: After a peaceful hiatus at home in Rockabill, Jane True thinks that her worst problem is that she still throws like a girl - at least while throwing fireballs. Her peace of mind ends, however, when Anyan arrives one night with terrible news . . . news that will rock Jane's world to its very core.After demanding to help investigate a series of gruesome attacks on females -- supernatural, halfling, and human -- Jane quickly finds herself forced to confront her darkest nightmares as well as her deepest desires.And she's not sure which she finds more frightening.

I Give This ...
  Photobucket

I've decided that it's getting increasingly harder to write reviews for books in a series, especially the farther into the series you get.  And it's especially hard when you've read the books almost back to back.  I feel like I'm being redundant.  

That said, I feel like this might be a pivotal book in this series.  And to date, it's all my favorite.  Jane has huge character growth.  She discovers she's not the weakling she keeps labeling herself.  I think she needs to spend some time with strictly halflings to get a true pictures of the scope of her powers.  There is also some wonderful developments in the relationship department.  I was so glad it took the direction it did!

Jarl is out in the open by the end of this book.  Which should be no surprise to anyone except for maybe the fact that it's taken this long.  What will surprise you is who has been in on it all along.  I fell for it, as I was expecting it to be someone completely different.  The acts against their own kind are atrocious which I'm glad I was able to dissociate from since I couldn't in the very next book I read.

All in all, the best edition to the Jane True series.  I will be looking forward to the next one that should be out in August!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails