Friday, February 4, 2011

My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers #2) by Rachel Vincent

My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)Title: My Soul To Save
Author: Rachel Vincent
Series: 2nd in Soul Screamers
Pages: 279
Published: Available now from Harlequin Teen
ISBN: 9780373210046
Source: Personal Copy









Description: When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies. So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn't wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can't cry for someone who has no soul. The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad's ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend's loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can't possibly understand. Kaylee can't let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk….

I Give This ...
Photobucket

I have mixed feeling on this addition to the series.  Kaylee really annoyed me but I enjoyed the story.  Go figure!

I'm still really enjoying the Bean Sidhe elements of this story.  I liked learning about Demon's Breathe and how people can trade their soul.  It was also interesting how demon's can get away with not fully explaining the contract's humans are signing.  I liked the explaining of the otherworld and how it's the same and different from the one we live in.  I also really liked Libby and the character she represents.  So, basically if it dealt with the supernatural in this story, I loved it.

But, the actual characters really grated on me for some reason this time.  I wanted to smack Kaylee.  I didn't like her attitude towards her dad.  In my eyes she hadn't done anything to earn the freedom she felt like she deserved.  I also disliked the talk of how Nash was 18 and didn't have to follow any rules because he was an adult and that Kaylee was looking forward to the same.  Didn't work like that when I turned 18 and it certainly won't when my kids do.  I also got really tired of the sexual tension between Nash and Kaylee.  The author kept making it seem like that if Kaylee doesn't give in soon, Nash is going to walk out the door.  I don't agree with that storyline.

So, basically, I will be continuing this series.  I really love the supernatural elements the storyline has.  I'm hoping the characters grow up a little in the next one though.  Sometimes parents really aren't out to get you!

2 comments:

  1. I like this series, i don't love it, but i like it for it's originatlity and enjoy reading the books. I have to admit though that now having read My Soul to Keep...i'm not sure i want Kaylee and Nash to stay togeather. I don't think it's a healthy relasionship for either of them.

    I get what you're saying about the characters completly. My Soul to Keep was really good so KEEP READING!

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't feel so bad now. I was having a heck of a time getting into this second book. Let me know when you plan to begin DARKNESS BECOMES HER by Kelly Keaton. I have that one on my shelf too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails