Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hexbound (Dark Elite #2) by Chloe Neill

Hexbound (Dark Elite, #2)Title: Hexbound
Author: Chloe Neill
Series: 2nd in Dark Elite
Pages: 224
Published: Available now from Signet Books
ISBN: 9780451230799
Source: Around The World Tours








Description: Lily Parker is new to St. Sophia’s School for Girls, but she’s already learned that magic can be your best friend…or your worst enemy.
They say absolute power corrupts absolutely. Turns out, even a little magic can turn you to the dark side. That’s why Lily has to learn how to control her newly discovered paranormal abilities, on top of avoiding the snobs who think they run her school, nursing a crush on a cute sophomore with a big, werewolf-y secret, and fighting the good fight with her best friend Scout as they take on Chicago’s nastiest nightlife—including the tainted magic users known as Reapers. Then Lily’s invited to a private meeting with Sebastian. He’s hot, powerful, and offering to help her harness the magic flowing in her veins in a way no one else can. He’s also a Reaper. Lily can’t hide her suspicions. But she’ll soon find out that the line between good and evil isn’t always clear…

I Give This ...
Photobucket

The bad thing about reading a book on tour is the deadline.  Since you have to read it an pass it on in a certain time frame, it obviously needs to be read right away.  Which, may or may not be the best time to read it "mood" wise.  

I'm not really a mood reader, I usually can pick up anything and read.  I think that might not have been the case with this one.  It took me awhile to get into it, and I just wasn't really invested in the story.  Which was disappointing because I really liked the first in the series.  I didn't feel like Lily really did much as a character.  She still doesn't really understand her powers and it seems like everyone is tiptoeing around her.  I think she should be demanding more answers from everyone, starting with her parents.  I also got a little annoyed with Scout and Lily at times.  I can see that they are really good friends, but at times they are very juvenile.  

The parts of the story that I really did like seemed really short.  I liked the dealing with the two vampire covens.  I liked that they were in a turf war and didn't seem to really like the adepts.  There seems like there's more of a history there that I want to know more of.  I also wanted more of Sebastian.  I know he fits the classic bad boy mold, but there's a lot going on there that I don't think we know about.  

I will read the next one because this really wasn't enough to turn me off the series.  There's a lot left unanswered and I'm still willing to read what the author does next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails