Monday, January 10, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, 
see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.  Click on the picture to be taken to Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books!
 
It's been an interesting week in our household.  2011 is not starting out well in the health department.  Amazingly my oldest daughter is the only one who has not seen a doctor and been on medication of some kind.  My youngest had a ear infection which equals antibiotics.  My husband had an infected tooth that required antibiotics and a higher dose pain killer.  He had two teeth pulled.  I started an antibiotics for bronchitis.  Turns out I'm severely allergic to that antibiotic.  I ended up at the doctors covered from head to toe (almost) with hives and an extremely rapid heart beat.  I had to have 2 emergency injections and then started an 18 day round of steriods.  So, here's to hoping the rest of 2011 goes better!  But, the good news is that I read some great books this week!!
 
Read Last Week:
  • Wither by Lauren DeStefano
  • Summer Son by Craig Lancaster
  • Vixen by Jillian Larkin
  • Night Star by Alyson Noel
  • Entwined by Heather Dixon
 
Currently Reading: 
  • Huntress by Malinda Lo

Up This Week: 
  • The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
  • Clarity by Kim Harrington
  • Entice by Carrie Jones

7 comments:

  1. I am sorry that you guys have been sick. An allergic reaction to meds is scary! May you be better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I'm sorry to hear that the year didn't start that well.. Hope you are all feeling better soon! *sends healthy vibes*

    What I read last week:
    - Need by Carrie Jones
    - Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
    - De Vertelsels van Baker de Bard (Tales of Beedle the Bard in Dutch) by J.K. Rowling
    - Tweet Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick
    - Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler

    And I finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, but I started that one in 2010 so that doesn't count :P

    Currently reading: Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #1)

    Up later this week:
    - The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern
    - Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

    And maybe something else, but dunno what yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you and your family feel better soon and that you have a much better week this week!

    I can't wait to read Wither. I read Entice recently and really liked it. I hope you enjoy your books you have for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you have all been feeling ill. I have been reading a lot of that on the blogs today. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness! You've had a really unhappy new year, so far, haven't you? Hope everyone is better soon. Happy reading this week (when you get time)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everyone is better soon. I found out the same way you did that I'm allergic to penicilian. I loved Vixen and can't want for the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your life calms down after all that sickness! That is not fun for sure. I love all the books your reading and covers you've posted on your blog. It's eye candy for a bibliophile! :) How are you liking Huntress? I read her first one and thought it was okay.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails