Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers

Fall for AnythingTitle: Fall For Anything
Author: Courtney Summers
Series: Stand Alone
Pages: 230
Published: Available now from St. Martin's Griffin
ISBN: 9780312656737
Source: ARC from Around The World Tours







Description: When Eddie Reeves’s father commits suicide her life is consumed by the nagging question of why? Why when he was a legendary photographer and a brilliant teacher? Why when he seemed to find inspiration in everything he saw? And, most important, why when he had a daughter who loved him more than anyone else in the world? When she meets Culler Evans, a former student of her father’s and a photographer himself, an instant and dangerous attraction begins. Culler seems to know more about her father than she does and could possibly hold the key to the mystery surrounding his death. But Eddie’s vulnerability has weakened her and Culler Evans is getting too close. Her need for the truth keeps her hanging on...but are some questions better left unanswered?

I Give This ...
  Photobucket

Two novels later (I still need to read her first one), and I'm quickly becoming a fan of Courtney Summers.  Her stories are haunting and very real world.

Ever have a book that totally works it's way into your brain because of something that has happened to you personally recently?  For me this was one of them.  No, I didn't recently have someone close to be commit suicide but the death of a friend that came as quite a shock.  I don't deal well with death, there I said it.  And this book brings up a lot of my fears and other emotions that I can only imagine if I had lost a parent at a young age (although this one also made me think about losing a child).

Eddie was marvelous.  I think I might have cried right along with her.  I hated Beth for all the things she was doing, even though I knew it was her own way of coping.  I felt sorry for Eddie's mom, because I could imagine what she was going though.  And most of all, I wanted Eddie to wake up and realize who she could trust and who she couldn't.  Sometimes grief makes you do things you wouldn't normally do.

I honestly wasn't surprised at the twist in the story.  I think I was expecting it.   Although the motives given, I honestly questioned.  It seemed to convenient for me.  I was happy to see Milo stick by her through it all.  It must have been hard for him too.  His feelings for Eddie mixed in with what happened would be hard for anybody to bear.

I can't wait to see what Courtney Summers produces for us next.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! This was my first Summers and I was definitely wowed. I like that you point out some of the things (mistakes...) Ellie does probably wouldn't have been an issue if she wasn't so grief stricken. It definitely changes the way we view the world.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails