Monday, November 8, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.  Click on the picture to be taken to Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books!
 
I didn't get through all my planned books this weekIt's been a little busier than normal with less reading time :(  But, I read 2 really fantastic books this week and and another that was just ok.  I'm looking forward to what this week's books have in store.

I started the week with Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling.  I think this might be one of my favorites.  And it never fails no matter how many times I read it, I always cry at Dumbledore's death. 
 
I was looking forward to Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith.  I wasn't disappointed really, just not what I expecting.  It really seemed to be about nothing until 1/2 was through.  

I read Desires of the Dead  by Kimberly Derting next.  What a wonderful follow-up to The Body Finder.  It had the same elements.  I loved the mystery and the development of Violet's decisions regarding her ability.

I finished off the week with Anna and the French Kiss by Stephenie Perkins.  If this isn't on your to-read list, add it!  I loved it.  It was a great story and made me all giddy inside.  

I'm currently reading Wings by Aprilynne Pike.  I hope I like it because I've heard so many different things about it.  I also plan on reading  Intertwined by Gena Showalter, Solid by Shelly Workinger, and Spy Glass by Maria V. Snyder!

7 comments:

  1. I received for review Expiation by Greg Messel from Author Solutions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe this is my first visit to your blog and it is absolutely beautiful!!!!

    Dollycas
    http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry Potter is great every time of year! :) I am so excited for the movie coming out the end of next week - SSQQUUEEEE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow some relly great read. I cannot wait to read Desires of the Dead and Anna and the French Kiss. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO exciting that you got to read Anna! I am so looking forward to it coming out!

    Here's what I'm reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're liking Anna and the French Kiss. The author lives in my area and I used to work with her at my library. She's a great person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy reading week coming up. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails