Monday, September 13, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.  Click on the picture to be taken to Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books!
I didn't post last Monday.  We were on vacation and the house we were staying in didn't have internet (oddly it was top of the line everything else but not internet).  Not posting made me realize how much I like this meme for my own benefit.   I had nothing picked out for the week, so I had no idea what to read.  

I finished Mockinjay by Suzanne Collins while on vacation.  It was probably not the best time to read such a book and I will reread it sometime soon.  I didn't dislike it, but it was a lot to digest.

Next I read The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball by Risa Green.  It was cute and had some serious tones to it that I think were done really well.  I can see this becoming a series (or trilogy) and I would read the next one.

I decided to read my library book Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning.  It was an excellent start to the series, but I was just so-so with the book as a whole.  I wanted some release with the sexual tension between the two main characters and didn't feel like I got it.

Since I had such a hard time choosing a book, I read Aristobrats  by Jeniffer Shaw next.  I have to admit it wasn't really my type of book and held little cross over appeal for adults.  But, I decided to try and rate it from a pre-teen point of veiw.  I think I would have loved it if I was 10 or so.  It had everything I would want my daughter to read at that age.  Really good message on positive self imagine and values.

I decided to reread Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling next.  Have to keep up if I want to reread the whole series by November!

I'll start Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa tonight.  I'm really excited for this one.  I loved The Iron King and the short story Winter's Passage.  I also plan to read Moonstone by Marilee Brothers, and Saving Maddie  by Varian Johnson.  If there's time, I really need to start A Breathe of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon.

2 comments:

  1. The meme keeps me on task too. I like to go through my books choosing what I plan to read for the week. :)

    Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going on a 3 week vacation and the place we are staying does not have internet service. Will I survive? LOL I will be visiting coffee shops for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails