Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - The Fiery Cross

Photobucket Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
  My Teaser:
    "But the taxes must be paid in hard currency; not in corn and hides and blocks of indigo, as the farmers did there business.  Barter was the common means of trade - I knew that well enough, I thought, glancing down at the bag of odd things folk had brought me in payment for my herbs and simples.  No one ever paid for anything in money- save the taxes."

~ The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon

4 comments:

  1. Hoping you are liking this one. This series is one of my all time favorites. I am currently listening to Breath of Snow and Ashes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I haven't read a Diane Gabladon in ages. Great teaser.

    Mine is here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I'm a little late visiting this...

    I've never read any of this author's books. They're so thick that I find them intimidating! lol Hope you're enjoying it.

    Here is our teaser for this week.

    ♥Isalys

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the first book in this series on my wish list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails