Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin

Low Red MoonTitle: Low Red Moon
Author: Ivy Devlin
Published: September 2010 by Bloomsbury
Pages: 256
ISBN: 9781599905105
Source: ARC from Around The World Tours




Description: Avery Hood is reeling from the loss of her parents--and the fact that she can't remember what happened to them even though she was there.  She's struggling to adjust to life without them, and to living with her grandmother, when she meets Ben, who isn't like any guy she's ever met before. It turns out there's a reason why, and Ben's secret may hold the key to Avery finding out what happened to her parents...  But what if that secret changes everything she knows about--and feels for--Ben? 

I Give This ...
Photobucket 
 

I wasn't sure what to think when I was done with this book.  I enjoyed the story for the most part.  I liked how the story leans towards the paranormal, but it really isn't the focus.  It's almost like it's a glimpse of a story to come.  I thought Avery was a great character.  I think she shows her emotions well considering all she's been through.  I liked Ben as well.  But, I'm a little tired of the instant connections that seem to be a common occurrence in YA books lately.  This one especially seems way more like lust than anything.  Especially after the very hands on scene behind the restaurant.  I like the mystery aspect of the story, especially when it ends in a very different way that expected.  I disliked how choppy the story felt.  It doesn't seem to flow very well.  But, it almost seems like it's suppose to be this way.  I think the story has potential for a sequel, and would be very interested to see were the author decides to take it.

1 comment:

  1. I didnt like this either.
    I had high hopes for it but it really disappointed me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails