Monday, June 28, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.  Click on the picture to be taken to Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books!

I've had a pretty good reading week.  I finally finished Touch The Dark by Karen Chance.  As I said in last Monday's post, I thought it was just ok.  Since I already had book 2 on hand, I decided to continue on with the series.

I picked up Saving Max by Antionette van Heugten next.  I was afraid this was going to be a very serious read, but it turned out to be more of a legal thriller.  I really liked it, but could see were people might get bogged down by the details.

  I had a tour book come in that I decided to read next.  The Emerald Talisman by Brenda Pandos was good, but not great.  I felt like I had read about the characters before and the circumstances had changed.  I would read the next one if it becomes a series though.

Likes I said before, I decided to give Claimed by Shadows by Karen Chance a shot because I already had it in my hands.  I'm really glad I did because it was so much better than the first.  I even thought it did a better job of explaining the events that occurred in the first book.

I'm currently reading Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin.  I'm about half way through and really could give or take it at the moment.  I think I'm tired of YA's that involve characters that have instant attractions to each other.  I do have to admit that I'm intrigued to see the final product of this book.  I've been to her blog and sounds likes it going to be over the top!  (On a side note, can anybody tell me who Ivy Devlin is a pseudonym for?  I have no idea!)

For the rest of the week, my goal is to read The Seven Rays by Jessica Bendinger, Love Bites by Ellen Schreiber, and I really should read The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer before Eclipse comes out.  We will see though!

6 comments:

  1. You had a very busy reading week. Bummer that they weren't all great books. Hope this week is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saving Max sounds like my kind of book. Can't help you with Ivy Devlin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love the butterflies and purple-ness of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually find that when I've run into a stretch of ho-hum books, I hit a gem or two and rediscover why I love to read.
    I've been reading The Short Second Life online and it's really really good! My middle daughter bought a copy at the bookstore and has been buried in it's pages whenever she gets the chance!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you liked Saving Max. I have heard some mixed reviews on it but am still anxious to give it a read. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails