Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

The Body Finder (Body Finder, #1)Title: The Body Finder
Author: Kimberly Derting 
Series: 1st
Published: March 2010 by Harper Teen
Pages: 327
ISBN: 9780061779817
Source: traded copy (signed ARC)






Description: Violet Ambrose can find the dead. Or at least, those who have been murdered. She can sense the echoes they leave behind... and the imprints they leave on their killers. As if that weren't enough to deal with during junior year, she also has a sudden, inexplicable, and consuming crush on her best friend since childhood, Jay Heaton.  Now a serial killer has begun terrorizing Violet's small town... and she realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.

I Give This ...
Photobucket 

I really enjoyed this story.  I've always been a fan of the mystery/thriller genre, and I think this falls into that category rather nicely.  Since it's geared towards teens, a lot of the gruesome things that come with that genre in the adult books is way toned down.  My mom would have given this two thumbs up when I was way beyond child books, but she was hesitate for me to read the likes of Stephen King, etc.  And I would have devoured it then, just as I did now.  There were even times this book sent tingles down my spine and I'm hard to scare.  The romance element just makes the book feel extremely believable.  It's just the right blend with the mystery.  And, at no time does it feel over done.  There's no love triangle, which is refreshing.  It's the simpleness of a girl starting to like her best friend, which I'm sure many teens can identify with.   
Overall just a wonderful book.  It was great chance of pace when you enjoy young adult, but occasionally get tired of the paranormal aspect or the never ending "can't live without you" love (lust) stories.  I will be reading the next in this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails