Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia

Angel Star


Title: Angel Star
Author: Jennifer Murgia
Published: May 2010
Pages: 256
ISBN: 9780982500538
Source: ARC from Around The World Tours


Description: Seventeen-year-old Teagan McNeel falls for captivating Garreth Adams and soon discovers that her crush has an eight-point star etched into the palm of his right hand-the mark of an angel.But where there is light, dark follows, and she and Garreth suddenly find themselves vulnerable to a dark angel's malicious plan that could threaten not only her life, but the lives of everyone she knows. Divinely woven together, Angel Star takes readers on a reflective journey when one angel's sacrifice collides with another angel's vicious ambition in a way that is sure to have readers searching for their own willpower.


I Give This Book 4 Stars!


This book has a very different feel than a lot of young adult books out there right now. It explored a lot of different issues within it's pages. Yet, it never seems overwhelming. In fact, I felt it wasn't enough. I loved Teagan. She seems like the typical teenager trying to find her place without compromising who she is. Although, I never quite understood why she had so few friends, and why Brynn was so nasty to her (I have an idea though). She never seemed lonely though. Her best friend Claire was great. She reminded me a lot of my best friend in high school who managed to get me into lots of trouble. And Garreth...I've got a pretty good mental picture of him :). There's also the villain of the story that also has a pretty interesting draw to him. Can he be saved?
I think my favorite parts of this books were the descriptions. The author has a fantastic way with words. The story does a wonderful job of portraying the angels. It makes them feel very real and impressive. I also enjoyed the thoughts on judgements and heaven. Nothing felt over the top. The only draw back I felt was probably my own fault. I had to go back and reread a couple times because I was confused at what happened. I think I was rushing the story a little. A wonderful new addition to the young adult books about angels!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm interesting to see that this was a different feel. I hadn't heard of it before, until I saw your IMM post earlier. I think I'll add it to my list now.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails