Thursday, June 26, 2014

Review - Killer Frost (Mythos Academy #6) by Jennifer Estep

Killer Frost (Mythos Academy, #6)Title: Killer Frost
Author: Jennifer Estep
Series: 6th (
Pages: 384
Published: February 25th 2014 by Kensington Books
ISBN: 9780758281548
Source: Publisher via Netgalley





Description: I’ve battled the Reapers of Chaos before–and survived. But this time I have a Bad, Bad Feeling it’s going to be a fight to the death … most likely mine.  Yeah, I’ve got my psychometry magic, my talking sword, Vic–and even the most dangerous Spartan on campus at my side, in Logan freaking Quinn, but I’m no match for Loki, the evil Norse god of chaos. I may be Nike’s Champion, but at heart, I’m still just Gwen Frost, that weird Gypsy girl everyone at school loves to gossip about.  Then someone I love is put in more danger than ever before, and something inside me snaps. This time, Loki and his Reapers are going down for good … or I am. 

I Give This ...
Photobucket

I apparently was savoring this last book so much, I flat out forgot to write a review for it.  So, this review will likely not give this book justice.

It's always bring a little bit of apprehension when the final book is a series comes to play.  Especially, when it a series you've really enjoyed with characters you've loved.  That's how I felt about opening up Killer Frost.  I should never have doubted Jennifer Estep.  This book contained everything I had hoped for.  It tied up all the loose ends.  There was no wondering if things played out the way they should.  It was fast paced and moved full throttle to the ending.

I really loved Gwen in this last installment.  Gone is the girl trying to convince everyone that she doesn't belong in this world.  She's determined to see this through to the end and has even accepted the idea that it might not turn out exactly the way she would hope for.  Heck, she even acknowledges the fact that she doesn't have to do it alone.  Her friend will be there until the very end.  In fact....it kind of had a Harry Potter feel to it with the final battle occurring at Mythos Academy.

I still love her friends.  Logan is perfect in every way, especially in the fact that Gwen sees that he's not.  Daphne is the character that has surprised me the most in this series.  I think she balances out Gwen's insecurities nicely.  And those are just two of the secondary characters that make this book (and series) so great. 

I still need to read Jennifer Estep's adult paranormal series, plus this book gives the hint of a spinoff.  I won't be forgetting about her anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails