Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. If your curious about this meme, visit Top Ten Tuesday where they have previous topics and upcoming topics listed as well.
Today's topic is Top Ten Books that will make you cry. To be honest, I think I cry easily. I can cry at commercials. But, I don't seem to cry while reading very often. So, here are mine in random order.
1. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling- I read this all day the day it came out, I reached the end about midnight and I remember sitting in bed just crying. I had not expected those events.
2. Daughter's of the Nile by Stephanie Dray - I don't normally cry in historical fiction. Usually events are well known. But, Dray managed to put into words what I can only imagine. I cried twice during this book.
3. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys - I've seen this pop up a lot recently. I've even recommended it to friends even though it's been some time since I read it. Beautifully told!
4. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher - There's lots of mixed opinions on this book. But, I found it heart wrenching.
5. Voyager by Diana Gabaldon - I still remember the scene were Claire walks back in time again and finds Jamie in the print shop. I was all choked up!
6. If I Stay by Gayle Forman - I sat on my front porch one afternoon and read this book cover to cover, and cried the entire time. It's touching!
7. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson - This is one of those books that I hope my daughters read as teens. Granted I also hope we have a relationship far better so the feel comfortable talking to me about anything!
8. Flags of Our Fathers by James Bradley - This was never a book I had to read. But, my dad really wanted me to. I have so many emotions when it comes to this book.