Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Top Ten Covers I Wish I Could Redesign

 
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  If your curious about this meme, visit Top Ten Tuesday where they have previous topics and upcoming topics listed as well.

Today's topic deals with book covers.  We all have to admit it...one of the first things that catch our eyes is a books cover.  I'm guilty of it.  I'm especially a sucker for a pretty dress, even more so for historical dresses.   So, here are my book covers that I would love to redesign.  I didn't do 10 because some of mine include more than one book!

1. Jane True Series by Nicole Peeler - I have to be honest, I can't remember why I picked this series up.  But, I guarantee it wasn't because of the covers.  The cartoonish design doesn't do it for me at all.


2. Any series by Brandon Mull - I love both The Fablehaven series and The Beyonders series.  I also love that these covers really encourage boys to read.  But at the same time they are off putting to girls.  I recommended them to a 5th grade girl at the school were I work, and she immediately commented on how she never thought to read them because of the covers.  

Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, #5)A World Without Heroes (Beyonders, #1)


3. Fifth Grave Past the Light by Darynda Jones - The dreaded cover change.  I've really enjoyed the past covers in this series.  I don't really like this one though.  I do love the purple hue.  

Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson #5)
 

4.  Queen's Gambit by Elizabeth Fremantle - It's not so much a cover redesign as much I dislike it when another country has a much better cover.  Such as the case here.  Can you guess which one I like better.

Queen's GambitQueen's Gambit

5. Shade of Earth by Beth Revis - They did again.  What you ask?  Last book in the series and the decide to go with a different look.  Why?

Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)

6. Wolfsbane and Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer - I adored the cover for Nightshade.  So, I was one of the first to be up in arms when they did the cover redesign.  

Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2)Bloodrose (Nightshade, #3)


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I don't really like any of these covers either. Especially the first set.

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed- some of these are just odd. (And I LOVED the cover for Across the Universe- it was gorgeous)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails