Thursday, November 7, 2013

Review - Tandem (Many-Worlds Trilogy #1) by Anna Jarzab

Tandem (Many-Worlds, #1)Title: Tandem
Author: Anna Jarzab
Series: 1st
Pages: 428
Published: October 8th 2013 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers 
ISBN: 9780375990779
Source: Publisher via Netgalley







Description:  Everything repeats. You. Your best friend. Every person you know. Many worlds. Many lives--infinite possibilities. Welcome to the multiverse. Sixteen-year-old Sasha Lawson has only ever known one small, ordinary life. When she was young, she loved her grandfather's stories of parallel worlds inhabited by girls who looked like her but led totally different lives. Sasha never believed such worlds were real--until now, when she finds herself thrust into one against her will. To prevent imminent war, Sasha must slip into the life of an alternate version of herself, a princess who has vanished on the eve of her arranged marriage. If Sasha succeeds in fooling everyone, she will be returned home; if she fails, she'll be trapped in another girl's life forever. As time runs out, Sasha finds herself torn between two worlds, two lives, and two young men vying for her love--one who knows her secret, and one who thinks she's someone she's not. 

I Give This ...
Photobucket

The idea of alternate universes has always intrigued me.  So when this book popped up it didn't require much though to add it to the list.  I ended up being pleasantly surprised by this one.

Most of this story revolves around Shasha.  I think she was kind of lonely or else she might not have fallen for Grant the way she did.  In my mind that should have been all sorts of red flags..granted clone from another dimension wouldn't have been high on my suspect list.  I did love her spunk though.  She wasn't going to sit ideally by and play the perfect princess.  She ran the first chance she got.  She antagonized the general to the point that he had to truly threaten her.  And I loved the way she handled Julianna's stepmother.  

Honestly, I thought Sasha made a better princess that Julianna did.  Which really was the entire point.  Sasha puts on the brave face for a finance that she has no clue about.  Sasha figures out that the father in and out of consciousness might actually being trying to communicate.  Julianna took the cowards way out. Maybe in future books in the series we will get a better understanding of her character.  But, at the current moment, I don't think very highly of her.  And when she finally met Shasha, it never occurred to her step up to her duties.  I'm not sure if she was that unhappy to believe the resistance.

I really enjoyed the world building.  Those around Sasha really help understand how Aurora and Earth are different.  Thomas especially explains how the dimensions work and what being a Tandem means.  I found it fascinating and not over reaching in any way.  I never had any questions that weren't answered or left pondering an explanation.

I also enjoyed how this story is more than a kidnapped princess.  There's forces at work here that Sasha has no clue about.  And by fighting against what she's being forced to do, she's set the wheels in motion.  This is about more than peace between two countries and the resistance.  There are those who have their sights on the bigger picture.  And with the ability to jump dimensions, there's a chance that this count effect more than just Aurora and Earth!

I'm all over the next one in this series!  And now I need to make it a point to pick up the author's other book I have sitting on my self!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails