Friday, August 2, 2013

Review - I Die (Soul Screamers #5) by Rachel Vincent

If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)Title: If I Die
Author: Rachel Vincent
Series: 5th (My Soul To Take, My Soul To Save, My Soul To Keep, My Soul To Steel)
Pages: 342
Published: September 27th 2011 by Harlequin 
ISBN:  9780373210329
Source: Personal Copy


 

Description: The entire school's talking about the gorgeous new math teacher, Mr. Beck. Everyone except Kaylee Cavanaugh. After all, Kaylee's no ordinary high-school junior. She's a banshee—she screams when someone dies.  But the next scream might be for Kaylee.  Yeah—it's a shock to her, too. So to distract herself, Kaylee's going to save every girl in school. Because that hot new teacher is really an incubus who feeds on the desire of unsuspecting students. The only girls immune to his lure are Kaylee and Sabine, her boyfriend's needy ex-girlfriend. Now the unlikely allies have to get rid of Mr. Beck…before he discovers they aren't quite human, either.  But Kaylee's borrowed lifeline is nearing its end. And those who care about her will do anything to save her life.  Anything.


I Give This ...
Photobucket

I put this on a back burner for a little bit and honestly kind of forgot about it.   I'm really glad this one came up on my swap sight because it brought it back to my attention.

I thought Kaylee made some excellent decisions in this book.  She acknowledges the fact that she is on a borrowed life line and that is coming to an end.  Everyone says that her reaction is not normal, but I thought she was right on target.  She knows that there is no supernatural power to save her this time.  She's determined to leave her friends and family in the best situation possible.

But really it seems like Kaylee's impending death is just part of the story.  The new teacher is an incubus and he's got an agenda.  Really, a kind of demented one and in this day and age I'm kind of surprise the author took it there.  The incubus needs a son and only has a small window to produce one.   And since the chance of a human female actually being able to carry one to term is small, he needs someone young and healthy.  And he needs a lot of them to ensure his chances.  It was a little disturbing.

I especially enjoyed what happens between Nash and Kaylee.  Ok...maybe not enjoyed but I so agreed with what needed to happen.  I also think maybe Kaylee shouldn't have gone about it quite the way she did.  After the ending though, I'm curious as to what direction Nash will take.  I'm not impressed with him at the moment.

A great addition to the story and I'm looking forward to the next installment! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails