Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Top Ten Best Bookish Memories

 
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  If your curious about this meme, visit Top Ten Tuesday where they have previous topics and upcoming topics listed as well.


I really wish I had some awesome bookish experiences that involve author signings and things like that.  But, I do have a lot of bookish memories!  Reading has been a part of my for as long as I can remember.

1.  I was really into ghost stories as a child.  I remember my mom bringing home a book from the book fair when I was around 3rd grade.  I devoured it.  The book ...Wait Till Helen Comes by Mary Downing Hahn.    I still have my very battered copy.

2.  When I was a young teen I often complained about having nothing to read.  One day my mom handed me a book just to get me out of her hair.  And from that moment on I made it a point to read every Mary Higgins Clark book.

3.  The Christmas that I received two boxes full of Sweet Valley High books.  They may have been used, but that gave me countless hours of reading!

4.  That first time I opened up a Harry Potter book.  I had seen the movie first at a friends insistence and made it a point to read the books.  I was hooked from the first moment.  

5.  This goes along with #3.  Getting books 5 -7 on release day and promptly sitting down and reading them cover to cover.

6.  There was one day when my now 5 year old was about 2.  It was way to quiet in the house so I went to find her.  She was sitting in her room with a pile of books by her side and reading to herself.  Made my whole day!

7.  Watching my 7 year old learn to read.  Even when she struggles with it, she still loves to do it.  I hope its a life long love for her.

8. Helping kids at school discover the joy of reading.  I love helping them find a book they may potentially love.

9. Having friends comes to me for book recommendations.  They may not read everything I suggest but I love the fact that they value my opinion enough to ask.


I'm sure there are others, but these stick out in my mind the most!

3 comments:

  1. Ah! Number 6 is the sweetest thing! How adorable!
    A great list!
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, number 6, so cute that you found her with all those books. I bet she saw you reading and wanted to do what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! 1 and 2 are exactly like mine! My first MHC was Pretend You Don't See Her, because my Mom was tired of listening to me whine about having nothing to read, and I was OBSESSED with her for years after that! I haven't read her newest few books, but I've read all the others! :) And MDH... Sigh. LOVED her and Willo Davis Roberts, Betty Ren Wright, Joan Lowry Nixon... Oh, the memories :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails