Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Review - The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test #3) by Aimee Carter

The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test, #3)Title: The Goddess Inheritance
Author: Aimee Carter
Series: 3rd (The Goddess Test, Goddess Interuppted) 
Pages: 384
Published: February 26th 2013 by Harlequin Teen
ISBN: 9780373210671
Source: Publisher via Netgalley







Description: During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.  In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.  With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.  Even if it costs her eternity. 

I Give This ...
Photobucket

I was really looking forward to this book.  I've enjoyed the modernization of Greek mythology and the way the characters are presentedI was hoping for a satisfying ending!

Kate has really come into her own throughout the series.  I wasn't sure I liked her in the first book, but I definitely identified with her in this one.   I understood her intense need to save her child, sometimes even at the expense of Henry.  Mother's have a different bond with their children.  We have a fierce need to protect them from harm.  She's willing to trade her own life to save his.  She'll bargain for Henry as well.  

Henry was interesting to me.  For so long he had nothing to live for.  Now he has Kate and it doesn't take him long to realize they have something bigger than the both of them to protect.  He's change of heart has made him one of my favorite characters that I've had the pleasure of reading about.  I wasn't sure he could really put himself out there.  But, he does it.

So why the 3 rating?  I felt like this book was slow getting to the point.  We follow Kate around a lot while she's trying to come up with a way to save them all.  It seems like a lot of talk and very little action.  I was also expecting a battle, but didn't get it.  I'm not a big fan of things ending in this manner.   It doesn't feel real.

The book wasn't disappointing per say.  I'm overall happy with the way things turned out.  I'll look for her next work as well!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails