Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. If your curious about this meme, visit Top Ten Tuesday where they have previous topics and upcoming topics listed as well.
I thought this one was a great top ten to participate in. In a way, it's my blog new years resolution. I've been slacking in that front. With my job, the kids' activities, and my own desire for free time, the blog has slid down the priority list. So here is my top 10 Bookish/Blog Goals for 2013
1. Read more books from my shelf!! - I said this last year and it didn't happen. I read a total of 6 books from my shelf. That makes me a little sad!
2. Read more books from the library - My library does not have an outstanding selection, but they have a bunch on my to read list. I need to get to those.
3. Really pay attention the to the books I'm adding to my to-read list - It seems like I read a lot of mediocre books last year. I think if I had been paying more attention to descriptions, those could have been avoided.
4. Organize My Bookshelves - They are an overflowing mess at the moment and it drives me crazy!
5. Stay caught up on reviews - I'm already failing at this one. I'm constantly writing reviews for posts that need to go up the next day. And it's usually for books I've read at least 2 weeks ago.
6. Interact more with the book blogging community - I was great at this in the beginning. Now I find I rarely even comment on other blogs. I feel bad.
7. Know when to say no to review requests- I've gotten much better at this. But, I have such a hard time saying no. But, I don't have time for them all especially if I'm going to work on #1 and #2.
8. Read more with my kids - We do pretty well during the school week because my oldest loves to take AR tests. But, the minute we have a break, it stops. They love to read and I need to encourage that!
9. It's ok to put a book down! - This past year, I've stopped reading more books than I have every done before, and I still think it was only 3. I don't need to force myself to read something I'm not enjoying, even if it was give to me for review.
10. Read for Fun! - Sometimes I dislike that I have a reading schedule. I love being able to review books, especially ones that I would read anyway. But, sometimes I miss going to my shelf and just picking something.
And that is my top ten! What is yours?