Friday, January 4, 2013

Review - Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) by Veronica Rossi

Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)Title: Through The Ever Night
Author: Veronica Rossi
Series: 2nd (Under the Never Sky)
Pages: 352
Published: January 8th 2013 by HarperCollins 
ISBN: 9780062072061
Source: Publisher via Edelweiss









Description: It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.  Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night? 

I Give This ...
  Photobucket

I really enjoyed Under the Never Sky and eagerly awaited this sequelI had high hopes for it and was wishing that it did fall into the dreaded 2nd book trap.  I'm pleased to say, I think I liked it more than the first one!

I thought out time frame was interesting.  Perry and Aria haven't seen each other for a long time.  They've both been busy with their own lives.  Perry is trying to lead his tribe, but really struggling to do soAria is working on finding a better life for the Dwellers.  But is bargaining with the very person who kicked her out the way to go?  They both face a lot of decisions over the course of the book.  And while they still make occasional foolish choices, nothing they do isn't for each other or the people they love.  

I honestly think Perry has the tougher situation here.  I don't think he's ever had the complete trust of his people.  He's young and they often see him as foolish.  He killed his own brother to take over the tribe (never mind the circumstances that led to that).  His sister is in hiding instead of committing to an arranged marriage that would basically save the tribe.  And the aether storms are getting worse.   They're losing precious ground constantly to fires, and they aren't the only ones.  Other larger and far more dangerous tribes have lost everything.  They're under the constant threat of being invaded.   I think the stress of it all is what leads him to think he can leave it all behind and help Aria find the Still Blue.

I greatly appreciated that Aria found the courage to know that she need to leave Perry behind.  His people needed him far more than she did.   I loved her relationship with Roar, so I was pleased to see him go with her instead.  Their relationship is refreshing in that's completely platonic.  Although I momentarily hated Perry for every thinking otherwise.  And I was heartbroken to see Roar go through what he does.  I hurt for him through so much of the book.  

The ending left us with a huge cliff-hanger and a very long wait to discover what happens next.  I can only imagine! 

1 comment:

  1. No! Why is it a cliff-hanger? :(
    love your review!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails