Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy #4) by Jennifer Estep

Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)Title: Crimson Frost
Author: Jennifer Estep
Series: 4th (Touch of Frost, Kiss of Frost, Dark Frost)
Pages: 378
Published: December 24th 2012 by Kensington 
ISBN: 9780758281463
Source: Publisher via Netgalley









Description: I should have known that my first official date with Logan Quinn was destined to end in disaster. If we’d gotten into a swordfight, or been ambushed by Reapers, I’d have been more prepared. But getting arrested mid-sip at the local coffee hangout? I didn’t see that one coming.  I’ve been accused of purposely helping the Reapers free Loki from his prison—and the person leading the charge against me is Linus Quinn, Logan’s dad. The worst part is that pretty much everyone at Mythos Academy thinks I’m guilty. If I’m going to get out of this mess alive, I’ll have to do it myself… 

I Give This ...

  Photobucket

I've been pleased with this series for the most part.  I like the cast of characters, especially Gwen and Logan.  But, sometimes it can get repetitive.  This really was no exception to that, although it took a little bit of a different direction it seems like.

Gwen's really gone through a lot in this series, but in this book she takes a beating.  She's publicly humiliated and branded a traitor.  Thankfully she knows her own worth and her friends never falter in their belief in her.  But to become a social piranha is hard for anybody.  When everyone moves their desk away from you in class or leaves nasty messages on your dorm-room door, it's hard to keep your chin up.  But, she truly believes that there is no way they can find her guilty of what they are accusing her of.  Until she discovers who is behind it.  And the plot thickens.

I was amazed that people in such high authority could made such bold accusations the way they did with so little to go on.  With Gwen's story public knowledge long before our accuser shows up, I was surprised they bought it.  It really bugged me.   I was happy to see that Logan repeatedly stood up to his dad when it came to Gwen.  Their relationship is so strange at times that I was afraid he would back down from him.

I really loved the surprise accuser and the whole part with the asp.  The ending was interesting as well.  Logan's background makes so much sense now and it's extremely sad.  Especially when the story ends the way it does.  I get why he did what he did, but he needs to move on.

I'm starting to wonder what direction this story is going to take.  I see no real clear ending.  I'm not sure how many books this series is planning on reaching, but I want to see something happen.  I feel we are at that point in the series!  I enjoyed the book of course and will continue on with the series.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails